Last night 5 students went to The Palace of Westminster and first of all met with David Gauke MP who was terrifically accessible. Then they gathered in Committee Room 12, The Palmerston Suite and shared their experiences of two conferences they had attended hosted by Rocking UR Teens. Our students were the only students there, no other young people, and for two of them to stand up and present to senior leaders of blue chip companies, government officials, barristers, members of the armed forces, the music industry and others of influence, I was beyond proud of then. They were a fabulous advocate for themselves and our school.
Last Thursday, 14th June Year 7 and the year team had a wonderful evening at their BBQ to celebrate their first year at St Joan of Arc.
As part of our new Udayan Connect Project, each form class will be connected to a child at Udayan. During a pupil’s time at JOA, they will connect with these children through correspondence and support. We hope that this project will help our own children grow in gratitude for the lives that they have (their material wealth, and also the freedom to live with family) as well as raise much needed funds to enable Udayan continue its work.
Follow the links below to discover more about these children and the Udayan Connect Project:
For more information about Udayan’s mission, JOA’s relationship and to financially support these children please visit joa-udayan.co.uk/sponsor.
Business Insight Week
The Business Insight Week is a one week paid experience that will put you through your paces. You’ll get guidance and support every step of the way to explore the work we do and the opportunities we can offer you. We’ll top it all off by giving you the opportunity to share your experiences with other students on the programme and celebrate a fantastic week.
What you need to get in
- Currently in year 12 and studying for AS levels or equivalent.
- Interested in taking your first steps towards a career in business.
- Available for a week during your summer holidays between years 12 and 13 from either 6th August or 20th August
- On track to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points on the new tariff (three grade C’s or above) from your A levels. This should be from your top two subjects excluding General Studies.
- You’ll also need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including GCSE Maths and English Language or equivalent. Please ensure you enter your predicted AS/A Level grades on your application form.
Slides shared with year 10 on Friday 15th December
On Thursday 30th November Parent Pay opens up to receive 14 bookings for this event. All year 12 are eligible to apply, especially relevant to those beginning to consider business marketing, finance related degree courses after year 13. There will also be an opportunity to take part in a live link with a student on a placement year and to and to experience an undergraduate mini lecture on Operational Management . Please book quickly and return seminar choices to David Ritchie straight away.