Business Insight Week
The Business Insight Week is a one week paid experience that will put you through your paces. You’ll get guidance and support every step of the way to explore the work we do and the opportunities we can offer you. We’ll top it all off by giving you the opportunity to share your experiences with other students on the programme and celebrate a fantastic week.
What you need to get in
- Currently in year 12 and studying for AS levels or equivalent.
- Interested in taking your first steps towards a career in business.
- Available for a week during your summer holidays between years 12 and 13 from either 6th August or 20th August
- On track to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points on the new tariff (three grade C’s or above) from your A levels. This should be from your top two subjects excluding General Studies.
- You’ll also need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including GCSE Maths and English Language or equivalent. Please ensure you enter your predicted AS/A Level grades on your application form.
On Thursday 30th November Parent Pay opens up to receive 14 bookings for this event. All year 12 are eligible to apply, especially relevant to those beginning to consider business marketing, finance related degree courses after year 13. There will also be an opportunity to take part in a live link with a student on a placement year and to and to experience an undergraduate mini lecture on Operational Management . Please book quickly and return seminar choices to David Ritchie straight away.
Year 12 and 13 Girls: Great, free, opportunity for you to learn about
investment banking over a two day work placement in The City.
Step In, Step Up is an introductory two-day programme designed for Year 12 and 13 female students. This programme comprises of divisional overviews, case studies, panel sessions, a trading floor tour and interactive workshops. Participants will also have the opportunity to work as a team, develop their presentation skills and network with employees at all stages of their careers.
Programme dates: 13 – 14 February 2018
Deadline for applications: 5 January 2018
Make your on line application via this web link (below) through the Morgan Stanley web site.
Download (PDF, 80KB)
Welcome to Economics
What is Economics?
A study of economics can describe all aspects of a country’s economy, such as how a country uses its resources, how much time laborers devote to work and leisure, the outcome of investing in industries or financial products, the effect of taxes on a population, and why businesses succeed or fail.